Colorado Kicks Off Week One of the Activity Challenge!
This week, schools in Colorado kicked off the first Fire Up Your Feet Activity Challenge.
Remember, to help your school be eligible for an award you just need to track activity for your family at least once a week. Go to your personalized Activity Tracking page to add family members, add routines, and track your activity!
Here's how the Challenge Awards break down in Colorado this spring:
Simple and fair, the Challenge Awards arenâ€™t based on minutes or miles but on the percentage of participants based on your school enrollment. It doesnâ€™t matter if your school is large or small, it just matters how fired up you can be to sign up parents, students and teachers and to track regularly during the Challenge Period, April 15 - May 15, 2013.
In Colorado, there will be three tiers of Challenge Awards based on the average percentage of participations and a drawing for the winning schools within each tier as follows**:
- Tier One, schools with above 20% participation, will have a drawing for one (1) $1,000 Awards.
- Tier Two, schools with between 10 and 20% participation, will have a drawing for two (2) $500 Awards.
- Tier Three, schools with below 10% participation, will have a drawing for five (5) $100 Awards.
- The Colorado school that raises the most money through the Fire Up Your Feet fundraising program will receive an additional $250.
- Plus smaller, weekly awards will be distributed throughout the registration and activity tracking process to motivate and challenge schools, teachers and participants to get moving and keep active.